How do I start the rotavator?
Before starting the engine, it is imperative you have read and understood the manual, failure to do so could result in damage to the machine, injury to the user and could invalidate the warranty. It is important you understand the nature of the machine and its usage, taking in to account all safety information, including PPE, and use in confined spaces, care should be taken with petrol machines as petrol is highly flammable.
- To start the engine, make sure that the spark plug cap is located on the plug and the machine is filled with sufficient oil and petrol.
- Push the throttle lever to the full choke position
- With your right hand, slowly but firmly pull the starter handle and rope from the pull cord guide until you feel resistance, then pull briskly.
- If the engine fails to start after three pulls, repeat the start process. When the engine starts, return the starter rope to the starter assembly.
- Unlatch and depress the clutch lever to engage the gearbox.
Please note, there is no operator presence control, the engine will continue to run until the throttle lever is pushed to STOP position