How do I start the machine?
Before starting the engine, it is imperative you have read and understood the manual, failure to do so could result in damage to the machine, injury to the user and could invalidate the warranty. It is important you understand the nature of the machine and its usage, taking in to account all safety information, including PPE, and use in confined spaces, care should be taken with petrol machines as petrol is highly flammable.
- To start the engine, make sure that the spark plug cap is located on the plug and the machine is filled with sufficient fuel/oil in a 40:1 mix
- Pull the choke lever to the full choke position
- Press the primer bulb 8-10 times.
- Switch the on/off switch to the ON position
- slowly but firmly pull the starter handle and rope from the pull cord guide until you feel resistance, then pull briskly.
- If the engine fails to start after three pulls, move the choke back to the RUN position and prime a further 8-10 times, then repeat the start process.
- Allow to idle for 1-2 minutes to let the product warm then throttle up